Speedy Sweet Potatoes Recipe
"I discovered this yummy sweet potato recipe years ago," relates Beth Buhler, Lawrence, Kansas. "There's no need for lots of butter and sugar because the pineapple and marshmallows provide plenty of sweetness. It's a holiday favorite at our house," she shares.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, layer sweet potatoes, salt, pineapple, pecans, brown sugar and 1/2 cup marshmallows. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 6 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Top with the remaining marshmallows.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC