Speedy Stuffed Potatoes
These potatoes are always a hit when I serve them. I grow the garlic and chives in my own garden.- Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender,
- turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop
- out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with
- butter. Stir in the sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into
- potato shells.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 stuffed potato (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,