"I have tried many different ways to use up leftover roast beef, but my husband says this is the best!" reports Emma Magielda from Amsterdam, New York. "I experimented until I came up with all the right ingredients for this nicely seasoned dish."
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 3 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soup and milk until blended. Add the beef, mushrooms, ketchup, bouillon, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve over noodles. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Stroganoff in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Speedy Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review