Speedy Stovetop Spaghetti
Here’s a take on a favorite you’ll make over and over again. This dish tastes like it’s cooked all day, but it’s ready to eat in 40 minutes. The pasta cooks right in the skillet, and the 20-minute simmer gives me plenty of time to fix the rest of the meal. —Kristin Nanney, High Ridge, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Saute the sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet for 5-7
- minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- spaghetti, parsley, basil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or
- until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 568 calories, 37 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,636 mg sodium,