Speedy Stovetop Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Saute the sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti, parsley, basil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and sugar.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 568 calories, 37 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,636 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.