- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Saute the sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti, parsley, basil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Speedy Stovetop Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Good recipe to have on hand for unexpected company. I used ground beef and will add more spaghetti next time. Great flavor!"
"It's tasty but too much tomato liquid for me. I will use a smaller can of tomato sauce and more pasta next time I make it. Taste improves the 2nd time it is served... More zesty/"
"This turned out perfect! I substituted spinach and feta chicken sausage for the Italian sausage. Great recipe."
"I loved the fact that this is a one pan meal. Next time I will increase the liquid and add more pasta."