Speedy Steak Sandwiches
Ruth Page, Hillsborough, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Butter, softened
- Prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a broiler, toast one side of the bread. Spread untoasted sides
- with butter and mustard.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over buttered
- side of bread. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until
- meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.