Speedy Steak Sandwiches Recipe
—Ruth Page, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Butter, softened
- Prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a broiler, toast one side of the bread. Spread untoasted sides with butter and mustard.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spread over buttered side of bread. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC