Speedy Spud Soup Recipe
I'm a busy wife and mother with not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. This time-saving soup recipe relies on frozen potatoes and canned soup. —Stacy Barron, Bentonville, Arkansas
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cooked crumbled Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the potatoes and onion in butter over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese and garlic salt. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 331 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Spud Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC