Speedy Spud Soup
I'm a busy wife and mother with not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. This time-saving soup recipe relies on frozen potatoes and canned soup.
—Stacy Barron, Bentonville, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cooked crumbled bacon
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the potatoes and onion in butter
- over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese
- and garlic salt. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without bacon) equals 331 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.