- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cooked crumbled Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the potatoes and onion in butter over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese and garlic salt. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Speedy Spud Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p200
Reviews for Speedy Spud Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review