Mexican food is big with our family; in fact, one of my nephews loves this dish so much that he always requests it for his special birthday dinner! -Angie Rorick of Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup picante sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the rice, onion and green pepper in butter until rice is lightly browned and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, cilantro, cumin, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Spanish Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p37
Reviews for Speedy Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review