On a busy weekday, Debbie relies on her premade meat sauce to put an Italian spaghetti dinner on the table in mere minutes. It's nicely seasoned and has plenty of meat and mushrooms.
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef sauce, tomato sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Spaghetti in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p14
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.