Speedy Southwest Salad
I used leftover corn and black beans I had in the fridge to throw together this simple layered salad. It's a big time-saver because it requires little chopping and features a quick dressing. The crunchy combination is always in demand at our house.
-Kara Ann Goff, Loveland, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and picante sauce; spoon
- over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, cheese
- and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein.