I used leftover corn and black beans I had in the fridge to throw together this simple layered salad. It's a big time-saver because it requires little chopping and features a quick dressing. The crunchy combination is always in demand at our house. -Kara Ann Goff, Loveland, Colorado
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and picante sauce; spoon over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Southwest Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p27
Reviews for Speedy Southwest Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review