Speedy Shepherd's Pie
Make your leftovers and a few pantry staples into warm comfort food in no time!
- Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and
- garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up
- beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat
- through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef
- mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden
- brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 782 calories, 45 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 1,756 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 52 g protein.