Speedy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Turn mashed potatoes and a few pantry staples into cozy comfort food. This recipe is really flexible, so if you have extra veggies on hand, stir them into the beef mixture for even more goodness. —Sharon Tipton, Winter Garden, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 782 calories, 45 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 1,756 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 52 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC