- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until heated through. Stir in cooked rice. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Seafood Gumbo
"I think this recipe deserves 3 stars. It definitely tastes great for a "speedy" meal. Obviously compared to gumbo that has been simmering for hours is a whole other story. Anywho, great for a quick meal. Thanks for sharing."
"ok taste. Expensive to make with 4 condensed gumbo soups, shrimp, and crab."
"I loved this recipe. I found that if you use the frozen okra and put them in without thawing, than they will not get gummy. Will definitely be making this again."
"Kind of bland & i didn't like the sticky consistency of it. Won't make it again."