Speedy Sausage Squares Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green pepper, oregano, pepper and garlic salt; pour over crust. Sprinkle with sausage mixture.
- 3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 226 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Speedy Sausage Squares
"This was delicious and my whole family devoured it! I only used a half pound of sausage to make it a bit more healthy but it was still very filling. I highly recommend it!"
"I Love this recipe. I accidentally bought pizza crust instead, it was good, but not as good as the crescent rolls. I also use jalapeno peppers instead of green peppers. It really makes a difference."