- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green pepper, oregano, pepper and garlic salt; pour over crust. Sprinkle with sausage mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Sausage Squares
"Easy to put together - don't be afraid to vary the cheeses. I also added a little chopped Velveeta to the top before baking. You could also use hot sausage if you have a family that prefers spicy. Reheats well, too!"
"This was delicious and my whole family devoured it! I only used a half pound of sausage to make it a bit more healthy but it was still very filling. I highly recommend it!"
"I Love this recipe. I accidentally bought pizza crust instead, it was good, but not as good as the crescent rolls. I also use jalapeno peppers instead of green peppers. It really makes a difference."