Speedy Salmon Patties Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until set and golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Salmon Patties
Sort By :
"My fiance and I love this recipe! It's simple and delicious. Reminds me of my mom's salmon patties when I was a kid."
"This was exactly what I was looking for. Mom used to make them but I never saw how she did it. Thank you!"
"Love salmon patties. I broil mine. 4 to7 minutes each side until as brown as I like."
"I thought these were delicious,I added a few more saltines. The addition of onion and worcestershire gave it a little extra seasoning that we really enjoyed."
"These tasted good, but didn't stick together at all. Perhaps I used more salmon than called for (I used leftover fresh and didn't weigh it), but I didn't think the mixture had enough egg or cracker bits in it. I will crumble the leftovers into scrambled egg in the morning."