Speedy Salmon Patties Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until set and golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 288 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.