Speedy Salmon Patties
I combine seven easy ingredients for this main dish. When I was a girl growing up on the farm, my mom often fixed these when we were late in the field. They're also tasty with chopped green peppers added to the mixture.—Bonnie Evans, Cameron, North Carolina
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble salmon
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry patties in butter for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until set and golden brown. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 288 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.