I combine seven easy ingredients for this main dish. When I was a girl growing up on the farm, my mom often fixed these when we were late in the field. They're also tasty with chopped green peppers added to the mixture.—Bonnie Evans, Cameron, North Carolina
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until set and golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Salmon Patties in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Salmon Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review