- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until set and golden brown. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Salmon Patties
Sort By :
"There are a few recipes never to stray from this should be one of them. I found this recipe to be very wet and not at all what I would have expected, I think I will stick to my own recipe."
"Little salty for my taste but GREAT otherwise. It was my boyfriend's favorite meal growing up and he said they were the best he ever had!!!!!!"
"I made these tonight and they were pretty good. I think I can give them a little more flavor by experimenting with herbs and spices a bit as they were a little bland (thus I gave them a 4 instead of a 5). I was a little concerned because they did not seem very moist in the bowl, and I was afraid they would not hold together in the pan, but they did. I even dropped one when taking it out of the pan and it stayed together. I did mash them together pretty well when I shaped them. The only thing I did differently was to add a bit of olive oil with the butter when frying them. I will definitely make these again. This was an exceptionally quick and easy recipe. Be sure to drain the salmon very well.."
"My fiance and I love this recipe! It's simple and delicious. Reminds me of my mom's salmon patties when I was a kid."
"This was exactly what I was looking for. Mom used to make them but I never saw how she did it. Thank you!"