Speedy Salmon Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and bones removed
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and ketchup until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salmon. Prepared mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- 2. Spoon half into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salmon mixture, remaining potatoes and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.