- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and bones removed
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and ketchup until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salmon. Prepared mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Spoon half into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salmon mixture, remaining potatoes and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Salmon Casserole
"It was very tasty. I aded garlic to the fish and also added cream cheese to the mashed pototoes."
"This was very good and easy. Had canned red salmon to use and made instant potatoes with 1/3 cup of sour cream added to them. I needed 2 cups of potatoes and a smaller dish was used. 9x9 would work."
"11x7 baking dish is WAY to big!! I use a 9x9 baking dish with great results! The flavor is wonderful in this casserole!"