Speedy Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Mashed potatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties; place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, basil and mushrooms.
- 3. Turn patties; drain. Pour gravy over patties. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Gently stir gravy; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 312 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Salisbury Steak
"Doubled it and made it on the stove and our came out excellent! Husband and two young sons gobbled it up"
"It was pretty tasty, but I added quite a bit more flour to the gravy, and I think next time I'd use less ketchup."
"easy and fast meal"
"I did this on the stovetop, not the microwave, cooked the burgers about 20 minutes on medium heat. A good mix of flavors, not too herby."
"This is really good!I have made this several times, but did not use the microwave did the stove top methdo."