Speedy Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties; place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, basil and mushrooms.
- Turn patties; drain. Pour gravy over patties. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Gently stir gravy; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Speedy Salisbury Steak(4)
Sort By :
It was pretty tasty, but I added quite a bit more flour to the gravy, and I think next time I'd use less ketchup.
easy and fast meal
I did this on the stovetop, not the microwave, cooked the burgers about 20 minutes on medium heat. A good mix of flavors, not too herby.
This is really good!
I have made this several times, but did not use the microwave did the stove top methdo.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >