Speedy Rice Pudding Recipe
This delicious pudding has a rich, old-fashioned flavor, but it's quick to make especially for my great-grandchildren.—Ann Vershowske, West Allis, Wisconsin
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, egg and pudding mix. Add rice and raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- 2. Spoon into individual desserts dishes or a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Rice Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC