Speedy Rice Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, egg and pudding mix. Add rice and raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- 2. Spoon into individual desserts dishes or a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Rice Pudding
"I doubled this recipe and since I didn't have much milk I mixed up some powdered milk for half of the recipe. This was so easy. Very tasty. Not as sweet as I thought it would be. The next time I make this I will try sugar free pudding. This recipe is definitely one to keep."
"I cook at an assisted living facility with 20 elderly people. One resident asked about trying a rice pudding recipe. I have just made this, and topped it with sugar and cinnamon. My husband had two bowls. It kind of reminded me of oatmeal. I will make it at work because I think older people may like this. I will do another review afterward. Thank you!"
"very easy and great taste"
"My husband and daughter just love this recipe. I make it an easier way by just putting everything in the pan at once and let it cook."