This delicious pudding has a rich, old-fashioned flavor, but it's quick to make especially for my great-grandchildren.—Ann Vershowske, West Allis, Wisconsin
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, egg and pudding mix. Add rice and raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Spoon into individual desserts dishes or a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Rice Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p11
Reviews for Speedy Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review