Speedy Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and broth; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 433 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Pork Fried Rice
"my partner liked this more than I. mise-en-place is the only way to pull this off. if i were to make this again, i would need to spice things up. maybe red chili flakes,, cayenne or fresh thai chilies ."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer