Speedy Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and broth; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 433 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Speedy Pork Fried Rice
"my partner liked this more than I. mise-en-place is the only way to pull this off. if i were to make this again, i would need to spice things up. maybe red chili flakes,, cayenne or fresh thai chilies ."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer