- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and broth; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Fried Rice in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p283
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Speedy Pork Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review