Speedy Pizza Rings Recipe
If your family likes pizza, they're going to love these pizza-flavored rings featuring zucchini.—Karen Hope, Miller, Missouri
- 2 medium zucchini (about 2-inch diameter), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced jalapeno peppers and ripe olives, optional
- 1. Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a large microwave-safe plate coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-1/4 minutes. Spread 1 teaspoon pizza sauce on each zucchini round; top each with a slice of pepperoni.
- 2. Heat, uncovered, for 1-1/2 minutes. Sprinkle each with cheese, jalapenos and olives if desired. Microwave 30-50 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC