Speedy Oven Fudge
This rich fudge is a holiday favorite for me and my family. The recipe yields plenty of old-fashioned flavor with no-fuss preparation.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Place the first four ingredients in the order listed in a 3-qt.
- baking dish (do not stir). Place in a 350° oven for 15 minutes
- or until butter is melted.
- Carefully transfer to a bowl. Add vanilla; beat on high for 2
- minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into a buttered 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 128 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.