Speedy Ice Cream
From her home in Bradley, California, Cindy Marshall sends this fun "hands-on" recipe that lets kids create their own cool ice cream. "Every child I prepare this with loves making and eating it," she writes. "It doesn't leave a mess to clean and keeps the children smiling and giggling."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice cubes
- 3/4 cup salt
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the cream, sugar and
- vanilla. Press out air and seal.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ice and salt; add the
- sealed small bag. Seal the large bag; place in another large
- resealable plastic bag and seal. Shake and knead for 5-7 minutes or
- until cream mixture is thickened. Serve immediately or freeze.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 259 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 42,545 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.