Speedy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
Canned chilies, Mexican-style tomatoes, onion and bacon add plenty of zippy flavor to this hearty poached egg dish from Therese Langolf of Piru, California. "I often make it when we go camping, because one skilletful provides a hearty breakfast for the whole family," she notes.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Stir in tomatoes, onion and chilies. Simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender.
- With a spoon, make 10 wells in the tomato mixture; break an egg into each. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Huevos Rancheros in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p13
Reviews for Speedy Huevos Rancheros(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Scrambled Eggs >