Speedy Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
1/3 cup equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Speedy Homemade Salsa
"Albeit using canned tomatoes really makes this speedy, using fresh tomatoes very special. And it really doesn't take that much longer. Other than that, I followed the recipe; don't be tempted to use dried oregano -- it doesn't work."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.