- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Speedy Homemade Salsa
Sort By :
Albeit using canned tomatoes really makes this speedy, using fresh tomatoes very special. And it really doesn't take that much longer. Other than that, I followed the recipe; don't be tempted to use dried oregano -- it doesn't work.