Speedy Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 164 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Hamburger Soup
"I make it all the time, although I add a little beef soup base or beef bouillion cubes and a capful of kitchen bouquet to make it more beefy."
"I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though."