Speedy Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Hamburger Soup
"I make it all the time, although I add a little beef soup base or beef bouillion cubes and a capful of kitchen bouquet to make it more beefy."
"I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though."