We work up big appetites on our farm, where we raise beef cattle, so I depend on recipes like this that are flavorful and fast. This soup is great served with corn bread.
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Hamburger Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p101
Reviews for Speedy Hamburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2009
"I make it all the time, although I add a little beef soup base or beef bouillion cubes and a capful of kitchen bouquet to make it more beefy."
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2009
"I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though."