- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Hamburger Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p101
Reviews for Speedy Hamburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2009
"I make it all the time, although I add a little beef soup base or beef bouillion cubes and a capful of kitchen bouquet to make it more beefy."
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2009
"I love this soup! My family prefers a can of Rotel, instead of the stewed tomatoes, though."