Speedy Ham Slice Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham slice, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a microwave-safe baking dish, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, orange peel and ginger. Add ham slice, turning to coat with sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute on each side. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes, spooning sauce over ham once. Remove ham and keep warm.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 10 seconds; stir. Cook 20 seconds longer or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 2 servings.
1/4 pound: 265 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1574mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Ham Slice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.