Speedy Ham Slice
"This recipe comes in handy when the kids stay with Grandma and only the two of us are home for dinner," says Heather Campbell of Lawrence, Kansas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham slice, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a microwave-safe baking dish, combine the orange juice, brown
- sugar, orange peel and ginger. Add ham slice, turning to coat with
- sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute on each side. Microwave at
- 50% power for 2 minutes, spooning sauce over ham once. Remove ham
- and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 10 seconds; stir. Cook 20
- seconds longer or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 265 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,574 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.