"This recipe comes in handy when the kids stay with Grandma and only the two of us are home for dinner," says Heather Campbell of Lawrence, Kansas.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham slice, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a microwave-safe baking dish, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, orange peel and ginger. Add ham slice, turning to coat with sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute on each side. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes, spooning sauce over ham once. Remove ham and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 10 seconds; stir. Cook 20 seconds longer or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Ham Slice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Speedy Ham Slice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review