Speedy Ham and Macaroni Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until macaroni is tender; drain. Return to the pan. Combine soup, milk, butter, nutmeg, garlic powder and pepper; add to macaroni mixture with ham. mix well; heat through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Speedy Ham and Macaroni
"Next time less nutmeg."
"Made this as a quick meal with left over ham. My family of eight gobbled it up!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.