Speedy Ham and Macaroni
"I came up with this colorful stovetop dinner on a day I needed to get supper together in a jiffy," says Vicky Hartel, Caledonia, Wisconsin, a busy mother of three. "I save time by cooking the broccoli along with the macaroni."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli; return to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until
- macaroni is tender; drain. Return to the pan. Combine soup, milk,
- butter, nutmeg, garlic powder and pepper; add to macaroni mixture
- with ham. mix well; heat through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if
- desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as