Speedy Cream of Wild Rice Soup Recipe
This is a quick way to add a homemade touch to canned soup and to put it in the category of comfort food. It is thick and creamy with added texture from crunchy wild rice and a subtle smoky bacon flavor.
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, bring water and onion to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in the potato soup, cheese, rice and cream; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Wild Rice Soup in Reminisce October/November 2008, p51
Reviews for Speedy Cream of Wild Rice Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review