Speedy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
On special occasions when we were growing up, my mother would make as many as four batches of these delicious cinnamon rolls to satisfy the appetites of her eight ravenous children. Today this recipe is still a hit.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 6-in. rectangle; brush with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place, cut side down, in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup cream over each pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Speedy Cinnamon Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p107
Reviews for Speedy Cinnamon Rolls(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review