- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 6-in. rectangle; brush with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place, cut side down, in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup cream over each pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Speedy Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
Excellent and so easy! Made cream cheese icing to drizzle over them after - yum!
I skipped the cream over the top and the nuts, but they were still great! If I were making them simply for myself and my husband I would have added the nuts, but since my kids were eating them too, I had to skip them. They hate nuts!
I made these last weekend and they were really good. I think the bit of cream made a big difference over other recipes. I didn't have frozen bread dough on hand, so I made a one pound batch of dough in the bread machine. Actually, I think I will do bread machine dough whenever I make these. It doesn't take any longer to go through the dough only cycle than it would to thaw the frozen dough.
absolutely delicious and super easy/quick