Speedy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Speedy Chocolate Mousse
"I used this recipe to fill puff pastries. Didn't have dark corn syrup so I used light. It still turned out very well. I also used a dark German chocolate. It was easy to pipe into the pastries (I used my pampered chef decorator). Will use this recipe again!"