Speedy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Speedy Chocolate Mousse
"I used this recipe to fill puff pastries. Didn't have dark corn syrup so I used light. It still turned out very well. I also used a dark German chocolate. It was easy to pipe into the pastries (I used my pampered chef decorator). Will use this recipe again!"