Speedy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Our home economists created this rich dessert for chocolate lovers.
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 285 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC