- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p9
Reviews for Speedy Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2013
"I make this most Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners! I've made a few times for single Soldiers at the barracks whenever my hubby had duty and it has always been a hit :)"