- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes. Whisk in extract and cream cheese until blended; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Chocolate Mousse
"I used this recipe to fill puff pastries. Didn't have dark corn syrup so I used light. It still turned out very well. I also used a dark German chocolate. It was easy to pipe into the pastries (I used my pampered chef decorator). Will use this recipe again!"
"I make this most Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners! I've made a few times for single Soldiers at the barracks whenever my hubby had duty and it has always been a hit :)"