By using your microwave, this one-pot meal takes just minutes to prepare.Betty Ruenholl, Syracuse, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked macaroni, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a microwave oven, cook beef, onion and garlic on high for 2
- minutes in a covered 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; stir to crumble
- meat. Cover and cook for 2-minutes; drain. Add the next six
- ingredients; cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes. Stir in the
- beans. Cover and cook 2-1/2 minutes more. Let stand 3-5 minutes. If
- desired, serve over macaroni and top with cheese and onions. Yield:
- 4 servings (about 1 quart).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 315 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.