This dish is a staple in our house on busy nights. Everything I need is handy in the pantry, plus everyone gobbles it up. I don't have to worry about any fussy eaters because no one complains.—Shirley Burmeister, Glendale, Arizona
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes or Less
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Stir in onion. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender; drain.
- In another saucepan, combine the chili and soup; heat through. Stir in macaroni and 3/4 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Chili Mac in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p151
Reviews for Speedy Chili Mac
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review