Speedy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat or multigrain angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, lemon-pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat with sauce; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Speedy Chicken Marsala(20)
Sort By :
Very yummy. Next time, I will add more wine to make more sauce.
My husband and I made this last night, it was ok, nothing special, we were disappointed in the sauce, wasn't really a sauce, too thin and too little of it, after reducing according to recipe. The mushrooms were delicious, but overall I was disappointed. Probably won't make this particular recipe again.
I agree 100% with mel7445...made this exactly as listed, and it was absolutely unresolved in what it wanted to be. Bland, lacking in every sense. Maybe if I'd tried doctoring it up like KarenKeefe did, but then it's not the same recipe. It needs a serious workover. As it was, had to add lemon juice just to finish the plate. This is NOT restaurant quality...I'd be sending it back if they brought me something like this. From where are all these 5-star ratings coming from? Friends and family?
I rubbed the chicken breasts with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I added 1/4 c. cooking sherry along with the Marsala wine. I served it for a crowd of 10 ... it received raving reviews! Definitely a keeper!
Just as good as Macaroni Grill!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Marsala >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >