Speedy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat or multigrain angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, lemon-pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time; close bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 3. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat with sauce; heat through.
- 4. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 493 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.