- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Speedy Brownies
Sort By :
"Easy to make, but not as fudgy as I expected."
"Just made these this evening. They are very good. They have a cake/fudgy consistency. I started checking them at 25 minutes for doneness. My oven took about 28 minutes - the toothpick still had some moist crumbs on it. The only change I made was I used 4 eggs, because that was all I had. They still turned out great. Would make them again. Nice simple recipe with great results. Just don't over bake them."
"The secret to baking any brownie recipe is to not bake too long! My recipe was perfect at 25 minutes, not 30. Always check your recipe at least 10 minutes before recipe is supposed to be done. I am an experienced baker of five decades and learned this trick at my Grandmother's knee. This same advice holds true for all baking but brownies, in particular, come out very dry if baked just five minutes more than needed."
"Three big issues here: one-the first thing I could taste was just egg, not much else. two-way to dry to be a brownie; its more like bread than anything else. three-SOOO BITTER."
"Took to a potluck yesterday and none came back home. Fantastic recipe, you will get lots of compliments!"