Speedy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
This simple homemade soup gets a head start from canned potato soup and frozen broccoli. People will be surprised to hear that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare(if you tell them!).—Gladys Schuler, Bismarck, North Dakota
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until carrot is tender. Add milk, water, broccoli and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Add soup and cheese; cook over low heat until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC