- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until carrot is tender. Add milk, water, broccoli and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Add soup and cheese; cook over low heat until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Broccoli Cheese Soup
"Quick and easy and very tasty. I went to Panera bread and bought bread bowls and served to soup in them. Made it all the better."
"This recipes was so simple and tasted amazing. It tasted just as good as the recipe I've been making for years and I didn't have to slave away in the kitchen for hours. Needed a little sea salt and more pepper but other than that, it was perfect!!"
"Good and easy as is but next time I will replace the water with chicken broth for even more flavor. :)"
"Making it for dinner tonight :)"
"Made this really fast for my fiance after work, turned out really well i used fresh broccoli instead of the frozen broccoli, but amazingly tasty!!!!"
"My children love this soup! So easy to make..definately a must in our house!"
"This recipe was delicious!"